Monday, November 13, 2006

Hockey wisdom

I'm finally back in Boston after a weekend at home, recovering from the removal of my Wisdom teeth on Friday morning. I was in pain for a much of the weekend, and much longer than I expected, but I thoroughly enjoyed my first weekend off in a long time. Even though I was away for sports information, I still caught two college hockey games and two Bruins games, building on my hockey wisdom. Also of note, three of my wisdom teeth were impacted. For more information, see this page.

I turned Thursday night's game off pretty quickly and turned to video games with a friend I hadn't seen in months. I'll admit, I did come back to watch the closing minues of the failed comeback against the Leafs, but all-in-all, it was a pathetic performance.

Friday, I watched most of the Northeastern at UMass Amherst game on a live video feed on the Minutemen's website. It wasn't great quality by any means but I still enjoyed the live coverage. BU vs. UNH was televised as well, so I checked that out of the corner of my eye here and there. NU got dominated from what I saw. As the announcer continously reiterated throughout the broadcast, the Huskies are first in the league in penalties, while UMass is last. That difference was the difference again on Friday, and if it wasn't for Thiessen, NU could have lost by a lot more than the 2-1 final score.



The Bruins provided the only home team win for the weekend on Saturday, as they just barely got by the Senators,
4-3
http://bostonbruins.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?ID=1825. Nonetheless, the victory was absolutly crucial and the game was very entertaining. I still think the Senators will finish second or third in the East this year, behind only below and a team to be determined.


Recent transactions:

Picked up Michalek, Gleason and Liles rookies from 03-04 Upper Deck Ice for $4.35, including shipping. Not too bad for a $26 lot. Michalek in particular could jump significantly if he finishes the year with something like 50 or 60 points and factors in the Sharks likely playoff run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home