Friday, October 20, 2006

I was just reaching my 15th row balcony seat when...

Brad Boyes beat Kiprusoff just 18 seconds into the Bruins' 3-2 victory in the home opener on Thursday night. The fans went wild, the guys in front of me gave us high fives and Boyes helped to usher in a new era at "The Garden." Apparently it was the fastest goal scored in a home opener since 1998, when Geoff Sanderson did it in 11 seconds in 1998.

Murray made it 2-0 before long, and other than a somewhat lackluster second period, the B's played a pretty good game. I witnessed someone, that someone being Stephane Yelle, being carried off on a stretcher. I bought beer ($6 a pop) for the first time at a game (other than playing Hey Mr. last year at a B's/Sens game). We snuck in flasks of liquor. And we went home happy.

I nearly forget we had Kessel, Chara and Savard until I heard their names or saw them do something siginificant. I was asking myself, who is No. 71 at center? There has definately been a changing of the guarde. The scoreboard was fantastic, and I am really feeling the whole Hub of Hockey thing the B's have going on. It's much bette than "It's called Bruins..."

Every time Hoggan stepped onto the ice, we yelled "Hoggie!" or just "Hoggan!" He was promoted to the checking line because of Sturm's injury and looked great, taking a team-high six shots.

I have some pictures to upload but I am waiting Sully to send them over.

And what better than checking out ESPN.com this morning and seeing a Bruins win and a charismatic interview with my one and only all-time favorite athlete, the Finnish Flash Teemu Selanne. If not the B's year, it has to be Teemu's year to taste Stanley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home