Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hobby Baker blemishes; B's at Toronto


David Brown



Brian Elliott , Jonathan Toews, T.J. Oshie, Scott Parse, David Brown, Nathan Davis, Byron Bitz, Jay Barriball, Kyle Okposo, Michel Leveille and T.J. Hensick



Well, there's your Hobby Baker list, according to Dave Starman's article, "The Contender."


Hobby candidate number one, "the contender) Michigan's T.J. Hensick

Why not Erik Johnson of Minnesota, I ask? It seems odd that the No. 1 overall pick of the Blues and the top blueliner of the nation's No. 1 team isn't even on the list. I think there are at least a handful of other blemishes on this list.


Hobby candidate number two, No. 1 ranked Minnesota's Kyle Okposo

But let's check these kids out. I must say I am excited by the knowledge and enthusiasm I have acquired since becoming an active participant in covering Northeastern hockey.


Out of the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Scott Parse.





Nathan Davis


I also never understand how there are so many great athletes, particularly hockey players, that were named using illiteration.


Byron Bitz

There are a few here, including Bitz, who is apparently one of the Bruins' prospects. I'll have to start checking up on him now every week, too.




Maine's magician, Michel Leveille. Representing Hockey East.



While searching for all these photos and other information, I came across another great website for prospects that I will add to my template. Looking at how low some of these Hobby candidates were on some NHL teams' top prospects list, I was surprised to find Mike Morris rated in the Sharks' top 15.


Goaltender, Brian Elliott

Apparently he is projected as a future second or third line winger. As much as he has progressed since the beginning of the season, I think he still is a long ways off from an NHL appearence.


Jonathan Toews



Bruins at Toronto tonight. Another "four point" game. A win would be huge for the B's, moving them past Ottawa (likely to lose tonight at Carolina) and within a few wins of the Leafs and Nos Canadiens.


Phil Kessel's replacement man, Jay Barriball

Thomas will have to be big, and Mara will have to take fight number two against Darcy. I see the B's taking this one, 4-2, with two goals from Kessel.


North Dakota's T.J. Oshie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home