Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If there's a will, there's a way

Last night's game was nothing short of spectacular - big hits, improbable saves and nifty goals - lots of them. How the B's ended up on the right side of a 6-5 victory, I do not know. I saw the entire game, with the exception of the three goals scored in the first five minute of the second period.

Brad Stuart scored twice in the third, including the game-winning goal, although I still am sure Wayne Premeau tipped it in. Regardless, Big Bad Brad is making the world of a difference for the B's when he's healthy, and meanwhile, on the other side of the country, Joe is producing, but it seems like he's never on ESPN's top 10 plays. Sergei actually looked pretty good last night. I didn't catch the stat sheet, but he must have had a good five four or five shots on net - including a near breakaway. I bet he just had extra in the take to show up his former team.

Well, somehow Bruins come out on top, and I'll take it. It's not often the momentum can shift that often, in such a negative way, and your team can still win the game.

Stuart Scenario in the Hobby
I have a SP Authentic Sign of the Times Stuart autograph from his rookie year - I think it books around $10. Nothing significant - although it looks like my card made it to this list of Brad Stuart's top 10 cards. But if the Bruins continue to do well - it could be Stuart, not Chara, heralded as the B's best point man. Chara's giveaway leading to 6, YES 6, shorthanded chances during a B's powerplay last night was just heinous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home